- Google Earth reveals the world's largest geoglyph
A set of sinuous lines found in the Thar Desert of India may be the largest geoglyph ever discovered.
- Pointy shoes destroyed rich people's feet in medieval England
People who followed a medieval fad of wearing pointy-toed shoes suffered severe foot deformities.
- Best binoculars for kids 2021
We've rounded up the best Amazon Prime Day deals on binoculars for kids. No matter your child's skill level, your own budget or their level of enthusiasm for nature, there is a perfect pair of binoculars waiting to inspire them.
- COVID-19 was spreading in the US by December 2019, mounting evidence suggests
The new findings suggest the virus may have been circulating in Illinois as early as Dec. 24, 2019.
- Antarctica was likely discovered 1,100 years before Westerners 'found' it
An analysis of Māori oral traditions and artwork suggests that they found Antarctica before the Europeans did.
- Amazing astrophotography: How some of the most iconic space images were captured
These incredible space photos were taken using advanced techniques to reveal some of the wonders in the universe.
- World's most powerful magnet begins journey to heart of giant fusion experiment
Engineers are preparing to move part of the world's most powerful magnet from the U.S. to France as a part of an international nuclear fusion project.
- Astronomers discover largest-known spinning structures in the universe
Tendrils of galaxies up to hundreds of millions of light-years long may be the largest spinning objects in the universe, a new study finds.
- 'Strange beast' in amber is a very weird lizard
A tiny amber-locked skull that looks like a bird's is actually a lizard's, new fossil evidence shows.
- Humpback whale swallows lobster diver before spitting him out
Humpback whales hunt by taking big lunges at groups of fish, so the encounter was likely a fluke.